These activities combine two of our favorite things: crafts and children’s books. What could be more fun than making your favorite book come to life?
We have so many fun crafts shared here and the number is growing every day. I’m sure that at least one of your little ones favorites is on the list!
Children’s Book Inspired Crafts
Are you looking for crafts based on books? Look no further! We have put together a big list of crafts based on your child’s favorite books. From Dr. Seuss, to Eric Carle, we have all the best and beloved books and crafts. When you’re a child, reading books and hearing stories come to life in your mind. You can see the pictures on the page (and in your head), but now you can recreate them!
The Big List Of Children’s Book Inspired Crafts
Crafts Inspired By Eric Carle
1. 1, 2, 3 to the Zoo Craft
Make your own tissue paper collage art! Make a hippo using white paper, colorful tissue paper, and glue! This beautiful craft is inspired by 1,2,3 to the Zoo: A Counting Book written by Eric Carle.
2. Tiny Seed Craft
This is such a cute craft by Practical Mom. Who would have thought you could paint with potatoes!? Paint flowers and paint germs based on the books: Tiny Seed by Eric Carle and Germs Journey by Thom Rooke.
3. The Very Lonely Firefly Craft
Make a colorful firefly using paper, paint, and glitter! Oh, and you can’t forget the googly eyes. This craft is inspired by The Very Lonely Firefly by Eric Carle.
4. The Very Hungry Caterpillar Crafts and Activities
- Draw out the caterpillar from The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. Your child can color each part of the caterpillar, learn words, and colors!
- Print out this free printable and create the cutest little keepsake! Your child can make a caterpillar crown and then take a picture and put it in the middle of the printable. Yet another adorable craft based on The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle.
- I love this activity! Use clear (but colorful) page dividers and draw a chameleon on each one. Then cut it out, and hide the around the house. They blend in pretty well making finding them tricky! This fun activity is based on the book The Mixed-Up Chameleon by Eric Carle.
- Use a toilet paper roll to make your own caterpillar necklace, inspired by The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle.
- Take an empty container and make a caterpillar face over the opening! Gather toy food and blocks and let your little one feed the Very Hungry Caterpillar! This activity is inspired by The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle.
- Grab some noodles, yarn, and construction paper to make this Very Hungry Caterpillar Necklace craft. Which of course is based on the beloved children’s story, The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle.
- We all love the story of The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. This fun activity actually looks deeper into the lifecycle of the Hungry Caterpillar from egg stage all the way to butterfly stage.
- Use paper, acrylic paint and your toes to make little Hungry Caterpillars. This fun painting craft is based on the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle.
- You’ll need the free printable to do this activity. You can use the food and the caterpillar to follow along the story The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle.
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle is not the only hungry one! If you’re little one is like mine they’re always hungry! This healthy “caterpillar” snack is perfect!
- Use sponges to paint the Very Hungry Caterpillar on a giant paper leaf. This was inspired by The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle.
- Make the Hungry Caterpillar out of dyed pasta and a red pipe cleaner! It’s clever, cute, and good fine motor skills practice. This was inspired by The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle.
5. The Grouchy Ladybug Craft
How cute is this ladybug craft!? Make plants for the lady bugs to land on using your hand. You can even make the sun and clouds using your fingers and finger paint! This ladybug craft is inspired by The Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carle.
6. A Very Busy Spider Craft
Make a very busy black spider using Styrofoam balls and pipe cleaners and wooden skewers. This craft is inspired by A Very Busy Spider by Eric Carle.
7. Mixed Up Chameleon Craft
This chameleon craft is so cool! Use card stock to make a chameleon and lace it with yarn. Then add tinfoil, and paint for a shiny colorful animal craft. This craft is inspired by The Mixed-Up Chameleon by Eric Carle.
Crafts Inspired By Dr. Seuss
8. The Cat in the Hat Craft
9. One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, Crafts
- Draw out the shape of fish on white paper and cut them out. Then make your own red fish and blue fish. This craft is inspired by the book One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss.
- Red, blue, green felt, scissors, and a marker is all you will need for this craft. It would be a fun craft to make while reading One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss.
10. Wish For A Fish: All About Sea Creatures Craft
Create your the ocean in a jar! It’s so cool. Learn about the sunny zone, twilight zone, dark zone, and the abyss and what animals are on each layer. This science craft is based on the book Wish For A Fish: All About Sea Creatures by Bonnie Worth. (This book is associated with Dr. Seuss.)
Trace your feet and let your child compare their little feet compared to your big feet. You can even color the feet and make the look silly! Almost as silly as The Foot Book by Dr. Suess.
12. Green Eggs And Ham Craft
Make all the green eggs and ham treats! Green eggs and hams are tasty, but these sweets are great for pickier eaters! These tasty green treats are based on the beloved story Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Suess.
13. Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb Craft
Make drums using canisters or paper bowls and make music using your hand, fingers, and thumbs! This musical activity is based on the book Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb by Al Perkins. (This book is associated with Dr. Seuss.)
14. Wacky Wednesday Craft
Do all these fun Wacky Wednesday activities. Can you find the shoe on the wall? Flip over some furniture, make silly drinks. Make a silly scavenger hunt based on the book Wacky Wednesday by Theo LeSieg. (This book is associated with Dr. Seuss.)
15. Put Me In The Zoo Craft
This sensory bin is so cute! It’s filled with rice, foam letters, plastic monkeys, spots, and squares! This sensory bin is inspired by Put Me In The Zoo by Robert Lopshire.
16. The Lorax Craft
Make the Lorax into finger puppets using foam, pom poms, pipe cleaners and googly eyes. This craft is inspired by The Lorax by Dr. Seuss.
17. I Can Lick 30 Tigers Today Craft
Make 30 tigers using finger paint! That’s a lot of tigers! Don’t forget to give them their stripes. This craft is inspired by I Can Lick 30 Tigers Today by Dr. Seuss.
18. In A People House Craft
Create the mouse and bird from In A People House by Dr. Seuss with construction paper!
19. ABC Craft
Learn your ABC’s by using clay to spell out words and letters. This alphabet activity is based on the book ABC by Dr. Seuss.
20. Yertle The Turtle Craft
Learn math using DIY turtles made from egg cartons. This super cute math activity and craft is inspired by Yertle The Turtle by Dr. Seuss.
Crafts Inspired By Oliver Jeffers
21. How To Catch A Star Crafts
Crafts Inspired By Mo Willems
22. Don’t Let The Pigeon Drive The Bus! Craft
I love this paper plate pigeon craft! The body of the pigeon is made from a paper plate, as is the head. Don’t forget to give him a beak and a big eye like the pigeon in Don’t Let The Pidgeon Drive The Bus by Mo Willems.
23. Today I Will Fly Craft
Put on a puppet show based on the book Today I Will Fly by Mo Willems. You can make a puppet theater and then make popsicle stick puppets of characters from the book!
24. Should I Share My Ice Cream? Craft
Should I Share My Ice Cream by Mo Willems has 2 main characters Elephant & Piggie. Make your own Elephant and Piggie while learning about shapes!
25. We Are In A Book Craft
More Elephant and Piggie crafts! Take pictures of your kids, add chat bubbles, laminate them and then let your child write different parts of We Are In A Book by Mo Willems in the chat bubbles. It’s a fun writing book that let’s your kids be part of the story.
Crafts Inspired By Julia Donaldson
26. The Gruffalo Crafts
27. What The Ladybird Heard
Your little one will love this small world play. Set up a word using oats, animal and people figurines, fake flowers, blocks and more! This super fun pretend play activity is from the book What The Ladybird Heard by Julia Donaldson.
28. Stick Man
Make a stick man using your paper towel roll and pipe cleaners and googly eyes! This craft is inspired by Stick Man by Julia Donaldson.
29. The Singing Mermaid
Trace the cover of The Singing Mermaid by Julia Donaldson and then color the mermaid. Don’t forget to add her fishy friends to this super cute mermaid craft.
Crafts Inspired By Bill Martin Jr and John Archambault
30. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Crafts
Crafts Inspired By James Dean
31. Pete The Cat Crafts
Crafts Inspired By Roald Dahl
32. James And The Giant Peach Craft
I think most of us have at least seen the movie James and The Giant Peach, but this book by Roald Dahl, has inspired a very creative craft. Your child will get to make the peach traveling from Europe to the US.
33. Charlie And The Chocolate Factory Craft
Make a sensory bin based on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl. Add cupcake liners, silicone liners, spoons, plastic sweets, beads, and colorful pom poms to your candy sensory bin.
Crafts Inspired By Giles Andreae
34. Commotion In The Ocean Craft
Learn about the ocean and all the wonderful creatures within by making animals like the jellyfish! We did this craft after reading Commotion in The Ocean by Giles Andreae.
35. Giraffes Can’t Dance Craft
Make a silly giraffe using yarn, paper, googly eyes, and finger paints! This silly giraffe craft is inspired by Giraffes Can’t Dance by Giles Andreae and Parker Reese.
Crafts Inspired By David McKee
36. Elmer The Elephant Crafts
Crafts Inspired By Marcus Pfister
37. How Leo Learned To Be King Craft
This lion mask craft is super cute with construction paper mane. It’s a great way to promote pretend play! You can make it while reading How Leo Learned To Be King by Marcus Pfister.
38. Henri, Egg Artiste Craft
Decorate eggs like different artists. Make A Starry Night egg or Orange and Yellow. These egg designs come from the book Henri, Egg Artiste by Marcus Pfister.
39. Rainbow Fish Craft
Make your own Rainbow Fish in the freezer! Get fish silicone molds and freeze vinegar and food coloring. Then add it to a bowl of baking soda and watch it turn into colorful foam. This science activity is inspired by Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister.
Crafts Inspired By Laura Numeroff
40. If You Give A Moose A Muffin Craft
How adorable is this moose sock puppet? It’s so easy to make! All you need is sock, felt, and buttons! This fun craft is based on the silly story If You Give A Moose A Muffin by Laura Numeroff.
41. If You Give A Cat A Cupcake Craft
What better way to enjoy If you Give A Cat A Cupcake by Laura Numeroff than to make cupcakes and decorate them as a yummy sweet treat!
Crafts Inspired By Holiday Books
42. The Sweet Smell of Christmas By Patricia M Scarry Craft
I think we can all agree Christmas has a wonderful smell. And you can explore the scents of Christmas with this fun sensory activity. This activity is inspired by The Sweet Smell of Christmas by Patricia M. Scarry.
43. Mr. Willowby’s Christmas Tree by Robert Barry Craft
Make the characters from Mr. Willowby’s Christmas Tree book by Robert Barry as well as your very own Christmas tree.
44. The Great Race: Story Of The Chinese Zodiac Ling Lee and Eric Lee Craft
Celebrate the Chinese New Year with this fun sensory bin. Learn numbers about the Chinese Zodiac, it is so much fun. Thus fun holiday activity is based on The Great Race: Story of the Chinese Zodiac by Ling Lee and Eric Lee.
45. Click, Clack, Boo by Doreen Cronin Craft
Make the spookiest, and cutest, shadow garland this Halloween! Grab some black yarn, black tissue paper, and googly eyes to make this super cute décor. This Halloween decoration was inspired by Click, Clack, Boo by Doreen Cronin.
46. Snowmen At Night by Caralyn Buehner Craft
Whether it’s cold or warm outside you can make your own snowman using fuzzy pom poms, felt, and ribbons. This fun snowman craft is inspired by Snowmen At Night by Caralyn Buehner.
47. Old Bear and His Cub by Olivier Dunrea Craft
I guess this technically isn’t a holiday book, but these DIY bear Christmas ornaments are so precious! These ornaments are inspired by Old Bear and His Cub by Olivier Dunrea.
48. Little Blue Truck’s Christmas by Alice Schertle Craft
Make a little blue truck based on the book Little Blue Truck’s Christmas by Alice Schertle. Give your little blue truck wheels, fill it with sparkly garland, and fill it with presents!
49. One Feast For Mouse by Judy Cox Craft
Make the Mayflower using construction paper while listening to the book One Is Feast For Mouse by Judy Cox. While the book isn’t about the Mayflower, they both are about Thanksgiving.
50. The Christmas Story by Jane Werner Watson Craft
Make a paper bear angel Christmas ornament. Thread the beads on a shimmering pipe cleaner and enjoy The Christmas Story by Jane Werner Watson.
51. The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid Of Anything by Linda Williams Craft
Grab this printable and add popsicle sticks to each picture to guess what comes next in the story The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid Of Anything by Linda Williams
Crafts Inspired By The Bible
52. The Parable of the Sower Craft
Observe plants growing in different environments like good soil, rocky soil, and thorns (or brush.) This science activity is based on a well-known story in The Bible.
53. Noah’s Ark Craft
The story of Noah’s ark is one of faith and hope. You can make the ark, match animals, and even the dove and the olive. This craft series is based on Noah’s Ark from The Bible.
Crafts Inspired By Books About Cars
54. Monster Trucks! By Susan E Goodman Craft
Grab your markers and these free ‘Design Your Own Monster Truck Pages‘ inspired by Monster Trucks! written by Susan E. Goodman.
55. Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site by Sheri Dusker Rinker Craft
Grab a bin and fill it with trucks that you’d see in the book along with small stuffed animals, fabric and pom poms and match the items to the story ass you read Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site by Sheri Dusker Rinker.
56. Little Blue Truck by Alice Schertle Craft
Make your own little blue truck using a cardboard box and string. You little one will be able to “drive” around the house! This craft is inspired by Little Blue Truck by Alice Schertle.
Crafts Inspired By Audry Penn
57. The Kissing Hand Crafts
Crafts Inspired By Books About Animals
58. Play With Me by Marie Hall Ets Craft
Make animal puppets like frogs, turtles, deer, blue jay, and snakes! The book Play With Me by Marie Hall Ets teaches us about patience.
59. Just Ducks by Nicola Davies Craft
Make your own duck and ducklings using paper, silver foil, and crayons! Learn about ducks and how they behave by this book Just Ducks by Nicola Davies.
60. I Love Bugs by Philemon Sturges Craft
Grab your plastic insects and learn about what each bug was, how many legs they have, with the book I Love Bugs! By Philemon Sturges.
61. At The End of The Rainbow by A.H. Benjamin and John Bendall-Brunello Craft
Make a rainbow with fluffy clouds that Badger and Fox can dance under! Don’t forget to add Squirrel’s treasure! This craft is based on At The End Of The Rainbow by A.H. Benjamin and John Bendall-Brunello.
62. A Bear Called Paddington Michael Bond Craft
A Bear Called Paddington by Michael Bond is such a classic story about the cutest little bear. Now you can use clay to make Paddington a suitcase!
63. Hello, Squirrels By Linda Glaser Craft
These activities are a great way to not only teach about squirrels, but get outside! Make nests using leaves like squirrels would, and then bury acorns! Can you remember where you buried it? These outside activities are based on the story Hello, Squirrels by Linda Glaser.
64. Don’t Turn The Page by Rachelle Burk Craft
Make your own stuffed animals to snuggle with using fuzzy socks, felt, and stuffing! You can even add lavender oil to help calm your child. This calming craft is inspired by Don’t Turn The Page by Rachelle Burk.
65. The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry, And The Big Hungry Bear by Audrey Woods Craft
Strawberry activities! Cut out a strawberry and finger paint the seeds, or add buttons to the strawberries! These are fun learning activities based on The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry, and The Big Hungry Bear by Audrey Woods.
66. The Mouse And The Motorcycle by Beverly Cleary Craft
This little mouse finger puppet craft is super cute and even easier to make. This finger puppet craft is inspired by The Mouse and the Motorcycle by Beverly Cleary.
67. Charlie The Cavalier by Lisa Rusczyk Craft
Make the cutest puppy puppet using a printable, glue, and brown paper bag based on the sweet book Charlie The Cavalier by Lisa Rusczyk.
68. Curious George Goes Camping by Margret Ray Craft
You may not be able to go camping, but you can definitely make these delicious mini s’mores in a jar! These delicious camping treats are inspired by Curious George Goes Camping by Margret Ray.
69. Snakes! by David T Greenburg Craft
Make a colorful slinky snake using paint, a sponge, and paper plates! Don’t forget the googly eyes. This snake craft was inspired by Snakes! By David T. Greenburg
70. Gaston by Kelly DiPucchio Craft
This is a delicious snack and craft! Make yogurt bark by freezing a think sheet of yogurt. Using a food brush and chocolate sauce paint a portait of Gaston from Gaston (Gaston and Friends) by Kelly DiPucchio.
71. Those Darn Squirrels by Adam Rubin Craft
Make homemade bird feeders using pine cones to help the squirrels charm Old Man Grump. This super cute craft is inspired by Those Darn Squirrels by Adam Rubin.
72. Goodnight Gorilla by Peggy Rathman Craft
Such a cute zoo themed activity. All you need is some black construction paper and some paper eyes you make with white paper and the marker. Each page you turn in the book and see eyes, match the eyes from the book to the paper! This is inspired by Goodnight Gorilla by Peggy Rathman.
73. The Problem With Chickens by Bruce McMillan Craft
Make a chicken mask using paper plates, yarn, and construction paper to promote pretend play. This chicken craft is inspired by The Problem With Chickens by Bruce McMillan.
74. Splash! by Ann Jonas Craft
Make all the animals like frogs, turtles, polar bears, dogs, and fish as they go Splash! This animal craft is inspired by Splash! Written by Ann Jonas.
75. Bear Wants More by Karma Wilson Craft
When bear wakes up from hibernating he is hungry! So, while you enjoy Bear Wants More by Karma Wilson, you can also enjoy your indoor picnic!
76. Stellaluna by Janell Cannon Craft
Get batty with Stellaluna by Janell Cannon and this fun bug craft as you explore what Stellaluna likes to eat!
77. Bats At The Beach by Brian Lies Craft
Draw out pictures from the story, Bats At The Beach by Brian Lies, number them, and then after you read the story, have your child put them in order.
78. A Giraffe And A Half by Shel Silverstein Craft
Use marshmallows and toothpicks and skewers to make your own giraffe while listening to the story A Giraffe and a Half by Shel Silverstein.
79. Interrupting Chicken by Ezra Stein Craft
Use your hand to make a little chicken with red and green feathers! It’s a fun craft to make while listening to Interrupting Chicken by David Ezra Stein.
80. Lizard’s Home by George Shannon Craft
Make a lizard with this free printable and then color him in your favorite colors. Then you can stick pipe cleaners on him to make him extra special. This craft was inspired by Lizard’s Home by George Shannon.
81. Lola Goes To School by Marcia Goldman Craft
Grab these free worksheets based on Lola Goes To School by Marcia Goldman. There are writing prompts, journal pages, mazes, and coloring sheets.
82. Lulu The Big Little Chick by Paulette Bogan Craft
How cute is this bookmark? No more dog earing your books. This bookmark looks just like Lulu from Lulu The Big Little Chick by Paulette Bogan.
83. Penguin and Pinecone by Salia Yoon Craft
Follow along the story and dress up penguin and pinecone and help Penguin build his nest! This craft is inspired by Penguin and Pinecone by Salia Yoon.
Books That Inspire Alphabet Crafts
84. Alphabet Adventure by Audry Wood Craft
Learn your ABC’s by matching plastic magnetic letters to letters written on the page. This ABC activity is inspired by Alphabet Adventure by Audry Wood.
85. Berenstains’ B Book by Stan Berenstain Craft
Learn the letter B with Berenstain Bears! What letters start with B? Write them out! Then make the letter B with sparkly pom poms! These B activities are inspired by the Berenstain’s B Book by Stan Berenstain.
Books That Inspire Colorful Crafts
86. Mouse Magic by Ellen Stoll Walsh Craft
Learn about complementary colors on the color wheel with this simple craft inspired by the book Mouse Magic written by Ellen Stoll Walsh.
87. Mix It Up by Herbe Tullet Craft
Learn about colors with Mix It Up by Herve Tullet! After reading this book mix primary colors to see what colors come from it! You can even make beautiful art using crepe paper and water!
88. Perfect Square by Michael Hall Craft
Learn about colors and shapes with the book Perfect Square by Michael Hall. These crafts are inspired by squares and you can make so many things like a fountain, towers, or just make abstract art.
89. Setting The Turkeys Free by W. Nikola- Lista and Ken Wilson- Max Craft
This is a great craft for the fall, right around Thanksgiving! Make turkeys with your hands! Make a yellow one, blue one, green one, even brown! Don’t forget the feathers! This colorful craft is inspired by Setting The Turkeys Free by W. Nikola-Lisa and Ken Wilson-Max.
90. Little Blue and Little Yellow by Leo Lionni Craft
Use baggies, food gel, and hair gel to explore colors! Mix primary colors to make other colors. It’s inspired by Little Blue and Little Yellow by Leo Lionni.
91. Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? By Bill Martin Jr Craft
Lear about the color brown with brown bear! After reading Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr, look for all the brown things in your house. Teddy bears are brown and so it chocolate!
Books That Inspire Counting Crafts
92. Ten Little Ladybugs by Melanie Gerth Craft
Count to ten with these rainbow and fuzzy ladybugs! This fun counting activity is inspired by the book Ten Little Ladybugs by Melanie Gerth.
93. Goo and Spot Under The Orange Tree by Elsa Takaoka Craft
Cut out oranges using paper and fractions of a circle. While you read Goo and Spot Under The Orange Tree by Elsa Takaoka you can recreate the fractions from the book.
Crafts Inspired By Traditional Stories
94. We’re Going On A Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen Craft
We’re Going On A Bear Hunt retold by Michael Rosen not only inspires you to chant, sing, and really get into this adventurous story, but inspired this delicious Cherry-Almond butter to fuel the adventurous spirit.
95. The Legend of The Poinsettia by Tomi dePaola Craft
What a beautiful story and a beautiful poinsettia craft! This craft even has a free printable to help. The Legend of The Poinsettia is a traditional bool retold and illustrated by Tomie dePaola.
96. Warnayarra The Rainbow Snake by Senior Boys Class- Lajamanu School Craft
The story Warnayarra The Rainbow Snake told by Senior Boys Class, Lajamanu School, inspired these beautiful fuzzy rainbow snake crafts! You can even make your own rainbow snake with clay as well.
97. In A Village By The Sea by Muon Van Craft
Use glue to create waves on your watercolor painting. Then use colorful paper to make origami boats to go on the ocean. What a cute craft based on In A Village By The Sea by Muon Van.
98. The Lion & The Mouse Jerry Pinkney Craft
The Lion & The Mouse by Jerry Pinkney is a lovely adaptation of one of Aesop’s beloved fables. The activity to go along with this book is painting! Paint a lion and a mouse!
Crafts Inspired By Classic Stories
99. The Gingerbread Man by Karen Schmidt Craft
Who doesn’t know the story of The Gingerbread Man by Karen Schmidt? This classic story has inspired this really amazing playdough mat!
100. The Bremen Town Musicians by Eric Blair Craft
This story is a little rougher for children, it is a Grimm’s Fairytale after all and it teaches us not everyone is nice. But these “Animals In The Night Forest” craft is a light craft to go with the heavy story, The Bremen Town Musicians by Eric Blair.
101. The Three Little Pigs by Mei Matsuoka Craft
Remember the story of the Three Little Pigs by Mei Matsuoka and Parragon Books? It’s one of the fairytales we first learn, and now you can recreate it with this craft. Make the little pigs, big bag wolf and the different houses!
102. Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson
Take a picture of your child against a wall and print off a couple pages. Then give them a purple crayon and let them draw the world just like Harold from Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson.
103. Jack and the Beanstalk by Wonder House Books Craft
Make a beanstalk that reaches to the sky! At the top of the beanstalk is clouds and a castle where the giant stays! This fun craft is based on the book Jack and the Beanstalk by Wonder House Books.
104. Kofi and His Magic by Maya Angelou Craft
Kofi and His Magic by Maya Angelou is a beloved story about Kofi learning to weave at a young age and he can make anything he wants come true by imagining it. A sweet story which is what this paper weaving craft is based on!
105. The Little Engine That Could Watty Piper Craft
Make your own little engine using cardboard shoe boxes and yarn. You can pull around your favorite stuffed animals just like The Little Engine That Could by Watty Piper.
106. The House In The Night by Susan Marie Swanson Craft
Black construction paper, white gel pens, a ruler, and a few other gel pens are all you need to recreate the pictures. This craft is inspired by The House In The Night by Susan Marie Swanson.
107. The Berenstain Bears’ Almanac by Stan Berenstain Craft
Use plain branches taped to different construction paper and then add the different leaves from each season. This craft is inspired by The Berenstain Bear’s Almanac by Stan Berenstain.
108. Blueberries For Sal by Robert McCloskey Craft
This is a sticky craft, but this blueberry pie craft is sweet and adorable! Cut out some strips of white paper, paint (and taste) the brown paper (crust) with blueberry preserves and create a lattice crust. This craft is inspired by Blueberries For Sal by Robert McCloskey.
109. Charlotte’s Web by E.B White Craft
I love the story Charlotte’s Web by E.B White. And now you can make 3D sparkly spiders alongside the story with this cute spider craft.
110. Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi Craft
Make your own puppet using dowels, string, paint, and egg cartons! You can have a puppet just like the puppet in Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi.
Crafts From Feel Good Story Books
111. Junk Yard by Mike Austin Craft
Learn about taking care of the world, recycling, and going green with this activity. Take a bin of “trash” from around the house, like spoons, cardboard, broken toys, lids to create a monster who will munch trash! This activity is based on the book Junk Yard by Mike Austin.
112. Telephone by Mac Barnett Craft
Telephone is such a fun activity! Remember doing it in school? Well, here is a bird craft based on that game and story. You can make the birds from the book Telephone by Mac Barnett!
113. The Carrot Seed by Ruth Krauss Craft
Make so many different carrots! Paint a giant carrot, make one out of torn paper, even grow your own carrots! These fun activities are based on the story The Carrot Seed by Ruth Krauss.
114. The Most Magnificent Thing by Ashley Spires Craft
Today we’re gonna play with our food! Build the most magnificent thing with your food using blocks of cheese, pretzels, marshmallows, fruits, and vegetables. This food craft is inspired by The Most Magnificent Thing by Ashley Spires.
115. Brave Charlotte by Anu Stohner Craft
Make Brave Charlotte by Anu Stohner using cardboard, paint, and clothespins. You’ll wrap the little sheep in yard and when you’re finished the fuzzy sheep will be able to stand on her own!
116. Today I Feel Silly: and Other Moods That Make My Day by Jamie Lee Curtis Craft
Learn about emotions with these popsicle stick puppets inspired by the book Today I Feel Silly: and Other Moods That Make My Day by Jamie Lee Curtis.
117. The Quiltmakers Gift by Jeff Brumbeau Craft
The Quiltmakers Gift by Jeff Brumbeau has a wonderful message but also inspires this very sweet paper quilt craft.
118. I Wish You More by Amy Krouse Craft
Make a beautiful silhouette piece of art using paint. Cut out a black silhouette and finger paint a blowing dandelion. This beautiful craft is inspired by I Wish You More by Amy Krouse Rosenthal and Tom Lichtenheld.
119. At The Same Moment Around The World by Clotilde Perrin Craft
Learn about telling time and different time zones by checking out a world clock and by making a sun dial and a water clock! This lesson was inspired by At The Same Moment Around The World by Clotilde Perrin.
120. Not A Box by Antoinette Portis Craft
Remember when our parents said kids would rather play with the box than toy? Well this activity is using your imagination and playing with boxes! This activity is inspired by Not A Box by Antoinette Portis.
121. A Bad Case of Stripes by David Shannon Craft
Take a picture of your child and let them color themselves with colorful stripes. This craft is inspired by A Bad Case of Stripes by David Shannon.
122. The Day The Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt Craft
Make all the crayons and their emotions with this fun crayon craft. This emotion craft is based on the book The Day The Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt.
Crafts Inspired By Pirate Stories
123. The Pirate Girl’s Treasure by Peyton Leung Craft
I love this so much. The Pirate Girl’s Treasure by Peyton Leung is a story and activity in one! It’s an origami adventure where you make origami based on the story.
124. Maisy’s Pirate Treasure Hunt by Lucy Cousins Craft
Remember Maisy the mouse? Go on a treasure hunt with her and her friends. Use paper, sand, and toys, to create your own pirate adventure! This activity promotes pretend play and is based on Maisy’s Pirate Treasure Hunt by Lucy Cousins.
125. Shiver Me Letters June Sobel Craft
Learn your alphabet with this super fun sensory bin! This sensory bin is filled with sand, foam letters, and pirates! Yarr! This sensory bin was inspired by Shiver Me Letters by June Sobel.
126. Treasure Island by Louis Stevenson Craft
Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson is a beloved story and now you can be part of it with this sword craft! Don’t want a sword? Then make a hook for your hand!
Crafts Based On Books About Space
127. Jake In Space: Moon Attack by Candice Lemon-Scott Craft
Learn about space with this delicious sugar cookie solar system inspired by the book Jake In Space: Moon Attack by Candice Lemon-Scott.
128. Mother, What Is The Moon? by David Griswold Craft
Make a moon mobile! It’s so cool because the moon looks so realistic as you paint it with a flour mixture to make it rocky! This fun moon craft is based on the book Mother, What Is The Moon? by David Griswold.
Other Crafts Based On Beloved Books
129. Splat And The Cool School Trip by Rob Scotton Craft
Make awesome splat pictures to retell the fun story Splat and the Cool School Trip by Rob Scotton.
130. King Jack And The Dragon by Peter Bently Craft
Grab some large white paper, colorful cardstock and construction paper, glue sticks, and markers! Make your very own castle complete with dragon inspired by King Jack and the Dragon by Peter Bently.
131. There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves by Lucille Colandro Craft
Grab this free printable and try to guess what will be swallowed next! Will it be a pumpkin? A shirt? A scarecrow? This cute activity is based on the story, There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves by Lucille Colandro.
132. The Adventures Of Beekle: The Unimaginary Friend by Dan Santat Craft
Make your own puff paint using flower, salt, water, and food color. Once you have the puffy paint, paint a portrait of Beekle! This fun painting activity is based on the book The Adventures of Beekle: The Unimaginary Friend by Dan Santat.
133. Opposites by Sandra Boynton Craft
Learn opposites using animals and other toys. Learn hello and goodbye, heavy and light, night, and day. These activities are inspired by the book Opposites by Sandra Boynton.
134. The Lighthouse Keeper by Ronda Armitage Craft
Learn about pulleys with this fun science craft as you pull the basket from the house to the lighthouse! This science activity was inspired by The Lighthouse Keeper series by Ronda Armitage.
135. And The Rain Came Down by David Shannon Craft
And The Rain Came Down by David Shannon is a book about cause and effect. Use paint to recreate scenes from the book once the rain starts coming down!
Supplies You May Need To Recreate These Children’s Book Crafts:
So, grab your crafting supplies and favorite books and get started on this creative literary adventure! But what are some of the supplies you will need? It’s really craft dependent, but a lot of these require:
MORE READING FUN From Kids Activities Blog:
Which book craft will you be trying out? Comment below and let us know, we’d love to hear from you!